Build the Personalized Spin Dryer Baskets Your Company Needs
AnySizeBasket has a wide variety of spin dryer baskets in sizes to fit most standard dryers. All of our centrifugal dryer baskets incorporate heavy welded frames to withstand repeated use, as well as carefully engineered crossbars for optimal machine drum engagement. We also offer numerous other features so you can create your perfect spin dryer basket custom design.
Since different processes have different needs, we offer several different linings. Spin dryer baskets for drying parts are typically lined with mesh because mesh is more open for better drainage. Baskets for chip wringers are usually made with perforated metal lining so curly chips and turnings won’t snag between the mesh wires. With a spin dryer basket custom design, you can choose the optimal combination of flow and lining strength.
Our larger baskets also add strength using belly bands to resist centrifugal forces of the spinning part load, while those with swinging handles incorporate counterweights for a smooth, consistent spin. Drop-bottom baskets are also available. If you need a chip cleaning solution made just for your company, you can design it yourself right here at AnySizeBasket.
Baskets for Spin Dryers and Centrifugal Chip Wringers:
Spin dryer Basket Lining SelectionFor images of the linings available on this style of baskets
Wire mesh is described by MESH COUNT x WIRE DIAMETER, CONSTRUCTION.
Example: 2 Mesh x .063”, Welded Wire describes a mesh with 2 wires to the inch, each wire is .063” diameter, wires are Welded together.
- MESH COUNT (or Mesh Size) is the number of wire per inch (in both the vertical and horizontal directions). The higher the Mesh Size, the more wires per inch, and the smaller the openings.
- WIRE DIAMETER: Is the diameter of the individual wires in the mesh. The larger the wire diameter, the stronger (and heavier) the mesh will be.
- CONSTRUCTION: Mesh is either Welded or Woven. Welded mesh has horizontal wires laying across vertical wires that are resistance welded each intersection. Woven mesh is woven like cloth. Welded mesh is smoother and stiffer, with more consistent openings. Whereas woven is more flexible and more durable in rough applications. Welded mesh is not generally available above a 4 mesh count.
- DESIGN CONSIDERATION: The combination of Mesh Count and Wire Diameter creates the Opening Size and Open Area %.
- Opening Size is the approximate distance between the mesh wires. All the meshes we use have a roughly square opening (same opening size up-down and left-right)
- Open Area % is the percentage of the surface area that’s open (not blocked by the wires)
- Choose a mesh with Opening Size smaller than the smallest parts, with the largest possible Open Area%.
- The larger the wire diameter, the stronger (and heavier) the mesh will be.
Perforated metal is described by HOLE DIAMETER and HOLE SPACING
Example: 3/16″ Holes on 1/4″ Staggered Centers Perforated Metal describes sheet metal will 3/16” (.187”) diameter holes punched on 1/4” center to center distance, and each row of holes is offset (staggered) to bring the rows closer together.
- HOLE DIAMETER is the diameter of the individual holes punched thru the sheet metal.
- HOLE SPACING is the center to center distance between the holes. Each row of holes is offset (staggered) to bring the rows closer together.
- DESIGN CONSIDERATION: The combination of Hole Diameter and Hole Spacing creates the Opening Size and Open Area %.
- Opening Size is the diameter of each hole
- Open Area % is the percentage of the surface area that’s open (not blocked by the sheet metal)
- Choose a perforated metal with an Opening Size smaller than the smallest parts, with the largest possible Open Area%.
Spin dryer Basket Material SelectionSpin dryer Baskets can be ordered in either Carbon Steel, 304 Stainless Steel:
Carbon Steel is strong and inexpensive but has very limited corrosion resistance. Carbon steel is a great choice for manual solvent cleaning, oil dipping and indoor material handling applications.
304 Stainless Steel is the most common type of corrosion resistant steel. 304 will resist corrosion in most mildly caustic industrial applications. 304 has a good strength and resists oxidation up to 1600 degrees F (875 degrees C)
Spin dryer Basket Surface Finish Selection
Spin dryer Baskets are available with Natural Finish
Natural Finish: The natural condition of the base material. All products are deburred to blend and smooth all sharp edges, but some discoloration around welds and light process oils will remain on the parts.
Get an Instant Custom Quote for Spin Dryer Baskets
We want to make it easy for you to design spin dryer baskets that work for your unique requirements, so just select the size and feature set you need. From there, you can choose your lining specifications and material and receive an immediate design quote. There is no minimum order, and shipping is free in the continental U.S.
AnySizeBasket was built to simplify designing custom industrial wire baskets. Our made-to-order spin dryer basket designs have a typical lead time of three weeks, and we keep many other baskets in stock for immediate shipping. And, if you need something truly unique, our sister company Three M Tool creates custom-engineered baskets to suit any specification.
Call 800-955-0868 for more information on our custom industrial wire baskets or to receive technical advice on your job requirements.